Friday, February 12, 2010

Character Designs

Duryodhan


Guru Dronacharya



I had read a book named 'Mrityunjaya' when I was in school... This book is basically based on the greatest Indian epic 'Mahabharata'. But here the protagonist of the story is 'Karna'.

This book inspired me to create these characters.

The way narrator has described the characters is just simply amazing!
Above are couple of important characters from the book... but the main character is yet to come!

________________________________________________________


This is one the exercises done at IDC, during first semester of my masters course in Animation Design. Here I had to design a group of characters having characteristics of poisonous mushrooms and a family on holiday!

Idea was to create a family of characters based on a combination of two vague and drastically different concepts.


1 comment:

  1. And... you have taken a vow not to post again? Put in your IDC film! At least keep this space alive!

    (How I have this unpleasant feeling this is one of those comments that would never be read!)

    ReplyDelete